Sunday, June 1, 2008

Full Swing

Good Sunday afternoon!  What a beautiful day we have been given in good ol' Austin, Texas.  The sun is out, the clouds are scarce and there is even a good breeze blowing.

I write today from the patio of Austin Java at Southpark Meadows.  It has been over a week since my last post.  My failure to to update the blog however does not mean I there hasn't been anything happening.  I know in my earlier blogs I wrote about getting motion sickness after our last train ride in Germany.  Well, I was out of commission for 3 of  the first 5 days back.  I initially thought I was having the mother of all migraines until I realized that no combination of migraine medication and miscellaneous other drugs that focus on migraines/headaches were working.  What it took to finally make me feel better was motion sickness medication, meclizine and scopalomine.  I went to the doctor and he said I had an inner ear problem called areo-otitis which is what was definitely making me sick.  It is a common thing amongst travelers and scuba divers that deals with the pressure inside the ear not equalizing properly.  So, for now, I still am using the scopalimine patch and per doctor's orders, taking sudafed and using a nose spray to try to clear things up.  Let me just go on record by saying the nose spray is nasty.  Prayerfully the problem will go away if for nothing else so I don't have to use that disgusting stuff.

Immediately upon our arrival back at our home there were photo orders waiting to be processed.  Our first weekend back had us in full swing with Misty and Josh's wedding in Elgin.   Misty and Josh looked great and so did all of the bridal party.  The ceremony had an attendant making an unscheduled appearance.  Misty's little boy, Wyatt, decided he was much happier up with Misty and Josh than with the rest of the guests.  So, he helped himself and climbed on up to the elevated stage. It certainly got a few laughs. Kids are Kids.  The reception was south of Smithville at Kovar Hall (http://www.austin360.com/music/content/music/stories/2007/12/1209dancehallmap.html      look at # 11).  It is a neat country no frills dance hall that reminded me a bit of Gruene Hall in New Braunfels.  It was definitely a "roll up your sleeves" kind of joint.  I say that because one of the modern amenities that Kovar Hall lacks....air conditioning....and it was hot!  Unfortunately, Amanda started feeling really sick (had nothing to do with the wedding of course, just bad timing) and had to leave.  So, she didn't get to sweat with the rest of us.  Despite the temperature, it was a lot of fun.  Good food, good music, good people equals a good time.

Later in the week I met with Fred and Irma about photographing their July wedding.  Fred and I already knew each other so it was nice to have time to meet Irma and talk about their big day as well.  I look forward to being able to provide then with unforgettable images and service.

Saturday morning had Amanda and I started early and met Michelle and David in the booming metropolitan city that is Rockne, Texas for their engagement photos.  We met at the church that has special meaning to them to start with and then went next door to the grounds of the Rockne museum. Yes, that is right, Rockne has its own museum.  No really, I'm not joking.  David and Michelle looked great with the white shirts, jeans and boots.  They made for some really nice photos.  The location came with a bit of irony for Amanda and I.  In both of our lives we have never been to or near Rockne.  Now, in one week's time, we had been the twice.  We drove through Rockne to get home from Misty and Josh's reception.  Go figure.  Of course if not before, we will certainly be back for Michelle and David's wedding next April.

So that brings me to the present.  Amanda and i went to church this morning (www.hpbc.org) and will head over to Austin New Church (www.austinnewchurch.com) in the next hour or so.  The rest of the week will consist of a lot of computer time doing post production on the photos we've taken since we have been back.  We are also looking forward to Thursday and Elizabeth and Alfredo's wedding out at Chapel Dulcinea  (www.chapeldulcinea.org).

I want to end on a  thank you to everyone who has ordered photos over the last couple of weeks.  Your orders are greatly appreciated and one way I know that I did a great job.

Until next time, be blessed.

-Ryan

No comments: